– What is the difference between a competitive and non-competitive participant?
– Do I have to eat the donuts or donut holes at Marie’s (non-competitive)?
– Do children 12 & under have to register?
– Are gluten free or other types of donuts available?
– Can I register after online registration closes or the day of the event?
– Are there refunds, transfers, changes, etc?
Preparing for the event
– When and where can I pick up my bib and shirt?
– Can I pick up the bib and shirt of a friend?
– Can I bring my dog?
– Can I bring a stroller, wagon, scooter, and/or bike?
Day of the event
– What time does the event start and end?
– Parking – Where can I park?
– Course map -What is the course?
– Are there bathrooms, water, chocolate milk, trash cans, etc?
– When I arrive at Marie’s, how do I get my bag of donuts or donut holes?
– Do I win anything if I run 2 miles, consume 4 donuts, and run 2 miles back before everyone else?
– Can I make a donation if I can’t participate or throughout the year?
What is the difference between a competitive and non-competitive participant?
Competitive participants will begin the event 15 minutes earlier than all other participants. In order to be an official overall or category (men or women) winner, the participant must be registered in the “Competitive 4 donuts” category AND consume all 4 donuts at Marie’s before returning to the course. Non-competitive participants will receive 3 donuts.
Do I have to eat all the donuts or donut holes at Marie’s?
As a non-competitive participant, once you claim your bag of donuts or donut holes, you can consume them when you choose. Most participants will linger at Marie’s Donuts and consume some or all of their donuts, carrying the rest back to enjoy later. Go to top of page
Do children 12 & under have to register?
There are 2 possibilities for children 12 & under:
• Free – when the parent is registering, include the child’s name and age, there is a space provided. Children listed for free will NOT receive a t-shirt, donut holes, or award at the finish line.
• Paid ($16-20) – registered children 12 & under receive a t-shirt, 6 donut holes, and a finisher’s award at the finish line. Go to top of page
Are gluten free or other types of donuts available?
Unfortunately we don’t have gluten free donuts available at this time. We would love to provide this as an option in the future if we can find a viable and cost effective means of doing so. When registering, you can choose “nothing at all” and still join the fun and support the great cause. Some parents bring their own gluten free donuts or other snack to provide their children so they feel included.
Participants that select “3 donuts” or “6 donut holes” will receive the round glazed donuts and donut holes that Marie’s makes daily. Go to top of page
Can I register after online registration closes or the day of the event?
Yes! Please bring the completed same day registration form (click here to download) to one of the packet pick-up locations (see times and locations below) on Thursday, Friday or the morning of the event. We accept cash, checks (made out to Donut Dash) and credit cards (new in 2017).
Because everything is pre-ordered, there may not be t-shirts and/or donuts or donut holes still available. If possible, PLEASE register before online registration closes to guarantee a great Donut Dash experience. The last day to register online will be the Wednesday before the event. After online registration closes, adults are $50 and youth 17 & under are $25.
Go to top of page
Are there refunds, transfers, changes, etc?
You can transfer your registration to another person at least one week prior to the event, we do not allow refunds. Please email the name, email, and shirt size to Zack@DonutDash.org at least one week prior to the event.
In case of extreme weather or unforeseen circumstances that the event is cancelled, refunds will not be given. We are a rain or shine event and will do all we can to execute the event without compromising safety.
Changes are allowed up to one week prior to the event, if available. Once a category or shirt size is sold out, no changes are possible. We do our best to provide accurate shirt sizing charts as part of registration, and order accordingly. We do not allow shirt size changes at pick-up. Go to top of page
When and where can I pick up my bib and shirt?
There are 4 options to pick up your bib, shirt and swag before the event. We HIGHLY recommend picking up on Thursday or Friday. Please bring a reusable bag if picking up for multiple participants. You DO NOT need a confirmation email to pick up for yourself and immediate family members. If you have lost your confirmation email, you can log in to your RaceRoster account and download a copy. Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate requests to resend this info the week of the event.
• Thursday, March 2, 2017 = 3 PM – 7 PM at Fleet Feet Sacramento. 2311 J Street Sac 95816
• Friday, March 3, 2017 = 10 AM – 1:30 PM at Fleet Feet Sacramento. 2311 J Street Sac 95816
• Friday, March 3, 2017 = 3 PM – 6 PM at Marie’s Donuts. 2950 Freeport Blvd Sac 95818
• Saturday, March 4, 2017 = 7:15 AM – 8:15 AM in the start/finish area, look for the yellow canopies
Again, we HIGHLY encourage you to pick up on Thursday or Friday! T-shirts, bibs, and swag not claimed by 8:30 AM the day of the event will be forfeited. Go to top of page
Can I pick up the bib and shirt of a friend?
You are able to pick up the bib and shirt for friends and extended family members ONLY IF you have a copy of the registration confirmation email. For immediate family members, this is not required. To save a few trees, you can show the email confirmation on your phone. If you have lost your confirmation email, you can log in to your RaceRoster account and download a copy. Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate requests to resend this info the week of the event. Go to top of page
Can I bring my dog?
Yes, dogs are ok with a 6′ leash or less, please NO retractable leashes. Please consider the following before bringing your dog – Is your dog friendly with 150+ other dogs? Is your dog food aggressive (we don’t want a dog snatching a donut and a finger from a child)? Is your dog comfortable in large crowds, 2000+ people?
It is your responsibility to clean up after your dog along the course and in the park, obey all leash laws, have current shots, and is tagged/licensed since the event takes place in a city park and on city streets. If your dog is aggressive, barks at dogs/people, or creates a nuisance, we will ask you to remove the dog from the event. Go to top of page
Can I bring a stroller, wagon, scooter, and/or bike?
Since we aim to be an event in which the whole family can participate, strollers and wagons are ok. For those children that are too big for the stroller but may not be ready to walk/run 4 miles (12 and under), we encourage the use of scooters (razor type) used with a helmet. We do NOT allow the use of bikes, skates, hoverboards and skateboards. Since our course is an up and back, return runners will be using the same streets so it is critical that if a scooter is used, the child stays to the right and is able to navigate large crowds safely. Go to top of page
What time does the event start and end?
Timeline of events:
• 8:30 AM – Competitive runner start (approx 100 participants)
• 8:45 AM – Start for all non-competitive participants
• 9:45 AM – Marie’s Donuts turnaround area closes
• 10:00 AM – Vallejo Way re-opens
• 10:30 AM – Course closes
If your pace is slower than the timeline allows, no worries. Please proceed along the course using sidewalks and obeying traffic laws. Go to top of page
Parking – Where can I park?
Parking is available along Sutterville Road, 13th Ave, 15th Ave (behind Fairytale Town), and neighboring communities. Parking is NOT available inside the park or at the golf course lot. Please be considerate of neighbors and check all signs. Go to top of page
Course Map – What is the course?
Click on the image to see the course!
Go to top of page
Are there bathrooms, water, chocolate milk, trash cans, etc?
There will be bathrooms, bottled water, and trash cans in Land Park and at Marie’s Donuts. There are none along the 2 mile course. The finish line will also have chocolate milk from Sunnyside Farms. Go to top of page
When I arrive at Marie’s, how do I get my bag of donuts or donut holes?
Each participant will receive a numbered bib with a “tear off” on the bottom. Bib numbers are color coded to match 10′ X 15′ colored canopies at Marie’s (see pics below). As you arrive at Marie’s, head toward the corresponding colored canopy, tear off the strip at the bottom of your bib and exchange it with a volunteer for your bag of donuts or donut holes. No tear off = no bag…don’t forget your bib and don’t lose the tear off prematurely. Click on pics below to enlarge. Go to top of page
Do I win anything if I run 2 miles, consume 4 donuts, and run 2 miles back before everyone else?
YES!!! If you can do that before everyone else, you will forever be part of Donut Dash history! You will be enshrined on our website and Facebook pages, #winning. Additionally for Donut Dash Niner in 2017, the top 3 men’s & women’s winners will receive the following:
• 1st Place = $50 gift card to Fleet Feet Sacramento, $30 gift card to Road ID, trucker hat, Championship Belt!!!
• 2nd Place = $30 gift card to Fleet Feet Sacramento, $15 gift card to Road ID, and trucker hat.
• 3rd Place = $20 gift card to Fleet Feet Sacramento, $15 gift Card to Road ID, and trucker hat.
Go to top of page
Can I make a donation if I can’t participate or throughout the year?
YES! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info about mailing donations. All donations are tax deductible, our Tax Id # is 27-1671648. Go to top of page